Refund Policy Camp Grimes Summer Camp
The Mecklenburg County Council, Boy Scout of America, in order to provide a quality program to the scouts in the council, have developed the following policy for the refund of fees paid towards the attendance of Camp Grimes Summer Camp.
To develop a quality program for summer camp, (staffing level, equipment and supplies) commitments must be made many months in advance of start of camp. The amount of supplies is based on the reservations in the online system and from the Summer Camp Unit Reservation Forms. To insure that we have the required staff and supplies, the council must outlay funds prior to camp. To be fair to scouts, adults and council, the following procedures have been developed.
- The $150.00 campsite deposit is non-refundable, but will be applied to any camping fees for the troop attending summer camp at Camp Grimes.
- The required $20.00 scout deposit can be transferred to another scout in full or refunded if requested in writing to the council office by April 1, 2014.
- Notices received after April 1 and before two weeks of the start of your camp week will receive a refund less the $20.00 deposit.
- Notices received under (2) weeks prior to the start of your camp week, will receive no refund.
- In the event of an accident, a refund will be issued, less 15% administrative costs, if accompanied with a doctor's verification.
- In the unfortunate event of death in the close family (father, mother, brother, sister, grandparents), a refund will be issued.
- Any troop that reserved space at Camp Grimes and paid deposits, but elected not to attend, will not receive a refund of the campsite deposit and the scout deposit.
- No Refunds request will be processed 30 days after the end of your summer camp week.
All requests for refunds must be submitted to the Council Office in writing at:
Mecklenburg County Council
Boy Scouts of America
1410 East Seventh Street
Charlotte, NC 28204-2408
Or email to Jackie Torrence at Jackie.firstname.lastname@example.org